Orwell Park is a co-educational prep school for day pupils and boarders. Founded by the Reverend Walter Wilkinson in Lowestoft in 1868, the School moved to Aldeburgh in 1870, changing its name three times – from Crespigny House to Eaton House to Aldeburgh Lodge. It then moved to its present site in Nacton in 1937 and was renamed Orwell Park. The magnificent building and grounds it now occupies were formerly owned by Admiral Vernon, 18th century naval hero, and Colonel Tomline, Victorian entrepreneur and founder of the port of Felixstowe who built the magnificent observatory at Orwell Park which is still used today. [Overview courtesy of Orwell Park School].

Northgate Karate runs classes for children aged 4 to 11 at Orwell Park School.

Orwell Park School, Nacton, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP10 0ER